TÜV AUSTRIA HELLAS, an independent inspection and certification body, joins forces with NGO Safe Water Sports to improve the safety of people who practice water sports. The two parties have developed a Private Certification Protocol for Licensed Water Sports Centers for the certification of relevant businesses, provided they meet specific safety standards to receive the “Water Sports certified quality” Quality Label.
The Water Sports Certified Quality protocol emphasizes on functional requirements for water sports and recreation centers, focusing on safety standards, quality services and customer care.
Additionally, due to a recent decision made by the Ministry of Tourism, the existence of certification of facilities and equipments regarding the water sports centers and recreational activities such as the ''water sports certified quality'' model isued by TUV Austria Hellas, it now participates in the star rating category of each hotel.
It is considered as a great recognition for the Organization's initiative together with the independent control and certification regulator body, TUV Austria Hellas, and furthermore as an important incentive for hotels, ncluding water sports and recreational activities, in order to be certified.
The Protocol is an innovative tool that offers:
- Added value and operational quality mark;
- High profile and recognition through certified, premium quality organization and service;
- Respect for the safety of their customers;
- Upgrade of an important sector of the tourism industry in Greece;
Business and Trade Benefits for Water Sports Centers
- Certification Logo is recognizable, to promote water sports quality and safety.
- Certified centers stand out from the competition, by applying appropriate quality and safety standards to acquire certification.
- The business is promoted in the tourism industry (e.g. Hotels, Resorts, Tour Operators, Travel Agents, etc.).
- Certified centers are advertised through:
- The Safe Water Sports mobile app that informs users of nearby certified water sports centers. Regarding the app, for the period from 1 to 31 August 2017 the application was installed by 24,9Κ in total, while the number of users for this period was 27,2Κ and 82,3Κ interactions, 3 per user on an average.
- Posts on the social media pages of TUV AUSTRIA HELLAS and SAFE WATER SPORTS, with more than 55,000 followers in total.
- Press releases, interviews, speeches and presentations on the TV and radio.
- A flag featuring the “Water Sports Certified Quality” logo in certified centers (provided upon completion of the certification).
- Ads on the TUV AUSTRIA HELLAS and SAFE WATER SPORTS websites.
Operating social benefits
- A flexible and practical daily mechanism to provide high-standard water sports;
- Preventive measures established to avoid water sports accidents;
- A mechanism to efficiently address emergencies when providing relevant services;
- Continuous improvement of the quality and safety of services provided by the center, with obvious benefits for users;
- The Water Sports Certified Quality certification will substantially help promote Greece as a top destination for water sports.
This important initiative for the development of the first Private Protocol in Europe for water sports safety was introduced for the first time by Dr. P. Paschalakis, President of Safe Water Sports, during a press conference held on Wednesday, 22 June 2016 for the presentation of the Safe Water Sports e-platform on safety at sea and water sports, under the auspices of the Central Union of Municipalities of Greece (KEDE). Among others, Dr. Paschalakis said that “the ‘Water Sports Certified Quality’ label awarded to water sports and recreation centers upon inspection and certification by internationally recognized body TÜV AUSTRIA HELLAS is an important factor that ensures high-quality services and compliance with specific safety practices and rules to prevent water sports accidents in Greece”.
Taking this opportunity, Mr. Giannis Kallias, General Manager of TÜV AUSTRIA HELLAS made the following statement: “Our common efforts aim at strengthening the feeling of safety among visitors of Greek beaches and preventing accidents, while trying to boost our tourism industry, as the operation of certified water sports centers will make Greece a role model in water sports safety”.
In the following link you can review thw certification protocol manual Here