The use and navigation of the recreational water sport accessory OXOONS are allowed only under the following conditions
- Operators must be a minimum of eighteen (18) years or older,
- The maximum number of occupants allowed are three (3),
- Minors, individuals under the age of twelve (12) are not allowed,
- Participants must wear Personal Flotation Devices at all times, participants must know how to swim and must be knowledgeable regarding the use of the below safety supplies
- Storage of one (1) small fire extinguisher (minimum 1,5 kg), one (1) smoke detector, and two (2) flares in a suitable, waterproof storage space.
- Takeoff and landing to and from the shoreline is permitted via the predefined waterway found in the Hellenic Port Authority Rules, Article #27, Article#20
- Oxoons use is prohibited when
- The distances are less than fifty (50) meters from the boundaries set for swimmers by the floating buoys.
- The distances are less than one hundred (100) meters from areas regularly frequented by swimmers but without floating buoys.
- The distances are greater than five (500) hundred meters from the shoreline and two nautical miles from the launching point.
- At rocky coastal areas
- Before sunrise and after sunset hours
- Within enclosed bays or coves
- When wind speeds in the area are greater than four (4) Beaufort
If the engine on the vessel can reach continuous speeds greater than 15 HP, the operator must have a valid motorboat or jet ski license.
The Terms and Conditions provided above must appear on the operating and rental licenses.
With respect to all other cases, applicable are the provisions found in the Hellenic Port Authority Rules (B’444/1999), #20.